Today’s Modern world people like to lead their life smart way. People are being busy with their daily life at home and outside. At home or office, technology brings peoples life easier. Technology that requires some networking system. For networking system, different types and brands cables use. By Cabling, a proper network system is stand to serve technology for human life.
For home networking, cables usually help to set up the network. People like to use Telephone, Computer, Refrigerator etc type of Household tool at home. For this, they need cables to home networking. To operate a computer, the user needs to set router, modems for fulfilling their task. So before home networking, the user needs to plan well. They have to choose proper cable to operate their computer. So they can get better service during the operating period as well as long-term support.
So for home networking, the user has the choice to make before installation. There is a different brand of cables in USA Market. The most popular brand of cable is CAT 5, 5E, 6, 6A and CAT7. Later part, discuss these features and make a statement which to choose from these cables.
Factors of Pick the Right Cable for Home Networking:
Ethernet Cable is a new generation choice for home networking. It has many types of cables come. These are Cat 3, 5 and 5e, 6 and 6a and Cat7. Every feature comes to with variation. All of the cables are usually used for voice and telecommunication networking service. Time to time Cat ethernet cables updated products come into the market. These cable capacity look at a glance:
- Cat-3 Cable: It’s the most obsolete cable and not used by the user. Cat 3 introduce in USA market at 1987. Its popularity phase was 1987 to 1990. That’s period user first choice was Cat-3 category Cable for home networking. This cable has 10 Mbps Data speed with 16MHZ max bandwidth performance.
- Cat-5 Cable: Cat 5 later comes into the market at 1990. At 1993, ANSI specification features bring that a design structure. Cat-5 is a twisted pair which has 2 variations:
- Solid Cat-5: Long run strength with fixed wiring configuration. These types are usually used for office or campus buildings.
- Standard Cat-5: This is more flexible and elastic performance which is a good support to use shorter distance.
Cat has 10/100 Mbps data speed and 100 MHZ bandwidth performance. Also, this cable 328 feet too long that user can flexibly use it anywhere. At this period Cat 5 cable demand increase and Cat 3 marketplace down.
- Cat-5E Cable: It comes to market in 1999 with some This feature includes 1000 Mbps or 1GB speed with 100 MHZ performance with 328 feet long cable.
- Cat-6 Cable: Cat 6 introduces in 2002 which is a great update from the previous This cable has 295 feet long cable and 1GB data speed support with 250 MHZ performance.
- Cat-6a Cable: 6a is the updated version of Cat 6. It has 10 GB data speed with 500 MHZ Performance. It was come to market since 10 years ago and that time it was popular for all. The reasons are:
- Cost Effective
- Globally Available
- Unshielded and Shielded Version
- Enhanced performance for Power over Ethernet (POE) Application
- 10 GB high-speed performance with lower power consumption
- Support wifi technology
- Familiar and compatible with Registered Jack 4 twisted Pair interface (RJ45)
- Recommended for Healthcare center installation
- 100-meter long cable support
- Achieve improved price for the user.
So Cat 6a cable is good ethernet network build support. The user gets benefits from this cables.
- Cat – 7 Cable: The last updated version of Ethernet cable is CAT – 7 which come at the market at 2010.e main feature of this cable is it has 10GB data speed with 600 MHZ performance. It has 100 meter long feet That helps to bring strong performance and build right network flow.
Overall above of the features looks that Cat 7 Ethernet Cable is the most standard and good to use. It is the updated version and workflow, speed is higher than other. In the section of cable capacity factor, My recommendation is to choose Cat-7 Cable.
Suitable for Environment:
For home networking, people usually require flat cables. It is more useful rather than to use round ribbon cables for handheld devices. Like industry, the where the environment can affect by crushing, shock, vibration etc reasons. By using an Ethernet cabling, accident and pollution minimize. Also, some industry may require use chemicals, water, and fabric tools. So for safety precaution, Ethernet cable is needed to set at home networking.
Pick the Right Cable for Home Networking:
Ethernet cable features, now we can make a decision that which to choose and how. There may be many conflicts stands around to make a perfect decision. If we look the factors and features part of Ethernet cables, it will easy to measure our right pick cable. Cat 3 and Cat 5, Cat 5e is quite outdated. The user generally likes to use updated tools which help to make their life easier. In this subject concern, Cat 6, 6a and Cat 7 is our first category choice.
Last 10-15 years, Ethernet Cable introduce In Cat 6, 6a and Cat 7. But the user of home like to choose one of them. The question might come, which should to choose? The decision can me take from reading the features of Cat 6, 6a and Cat7. Cat 7 cable recommend using for home networking.
Why Cat-7 Cable to Pick?
I would like to focus some reasons base on product feature and user concern. These are:
- Cat 7 cable which is also known in Category 7 cable which is used for infrastructure cabling. It’s built with Gigabit Ethernet system which offers the most power of 600 MHZ. To make home smarter, the Latest technology used to recommend.
- Double Shield offer in every pair of wire. So it makes the performance more resistance.
- Cat 7 has a great copper section that maintains the power system to make the adjustment. So voltage not up or
- One step ahead smart home tool that brings a lot of future like high power speed with expandable mode system. For home networking, this factor needs to follow.
- Installation is easy and expense is not much higher. More than user don’t need to re-wiring in future, it helps to save cost.
In circumstances, there may be some conflicts. At present world, Cat 7 is most standard Ethernet cable for home networking. Every user should acknowledge the features before choosing any cable or any products. It will help to make right decision to choose an idle product for them. For home networking, recommend to acknowledge the all cable feature and pick their right cable I do not say that Cat-6 and Cat-6a is the worst cable. I choose Cat-7 on the base of user concern and features.