In this internet-based era, everyone is moving on high-speed cables. Cat7 is the most updated cable and day by day the uses of these cables are increasing. It has some exclusive features which are making it a very popular in the market. It has some unique specifications and it is also much advanced than other generation cables such as Cat5 or Cat6. The difference between these cables is huge. As it is a much-updated version, in some ways it is kind of expensive. So you can say Cat7 is really an advanced type of cable and people chose it because of its specifications, flexibility and so on.
What is a cat 7
Cat 7 means category 7. It is an Ethernet-based 7th generation twisted pair cable. It is used for the high-speed network. It has a performance of 600 MHZ. The most impressive feature is that it can support 10 Gigabyte per second.
Some features of Cat 7 are,
- It can transmit at 10000 Mbps per seconds in maximum length of 100 meters.
- The cables are built to give support up to 600MHZ,
- It has an impressive résistance from EMI.
- It consumes very low voltage.
- By installing it, a home user can be benefited cause its smart installation process.
Cat 7 cable specification
Cat 7 is very advanced and because of it have some special quality, which makes it unique from other cables.
- 100 meters single cables.
- 4 pair copper wire & each wire is individually shielded.
- The cable can operate at a speed of 10000 Mbps even in 100 meters and transmit frequencies up to 600 MHz.
- Can transmit data at an exceptionally high speed.
- An Imprecise EMI resistance capacity.
- Consume a very low voltage and save energy.
- A single cable is individually shielded, that’s why it’s protected from crosstalk.
Is cat 7 better than cat 6a
Cat 6a and Cat7, both are much-upgraded cables. Cat 6a is the upgraded version of Cat 6. So Before declaring that, which cable is better, let’s check their Specifications.
- Cat 6a can transmit 10 GB data speed which is very impressive but the downside is that it can only transmit this higher rate of date in a very short length. Cat7 is also capable of transmitting 10 GB speed per second. But it can continue this high speed transmitting up to 100 meters. Which is actually very high.
- Cat 6a have the capacity to minimize the issue of crosstalk. But in Cat7 every single wire is individually shielded, that’s why it’s more protected from crosstalk.
- In Cat6a it supports bandwidth frequencies of up to 500 MHz, which is about twice the amount of Cat6. But in Cat7 the bandwidth frequency is around 600 MHz, Which is better than 6a.
- There are also some other ways, where Cat7 is much advance than Cat6a. Such as Resisting to EMI, Low voltage consumption and it is also easy to identify.
So by checking this specification, we can come to a conclusion that, Cat7 is much advance than Cat6.
What is the speed of cat 7 cable
Cat7 cable is well known for its speed. It is more advanced than Cat6a, Cat6, and other cables. It can transmit data in 10 GB per second. Unlike other, it can continue this high speed up to 100 meters (around 329 feet). But in the laboratory have shown its ability to transmit 40 GB per second between 50 meters and 100 GB per second between 15 meters. It also can transmit bandwidth at a maximum speed of 600 MHz.Cat7 is really an impressive cable. Its capacity to transmit data is far better than other cables.
What is cat 6e
Cat6e is also known as Enhanced Category 6 cables. It is an enhanced argument design to double the transmission frequency to 500 MHz where Cat6 transmission frequency is around 250 MHz. By covering foil shielding, Cat6 can be transmitted up to 100 meters with a max speed of 10gbps. It is an advanced version of Cat6.
Is there a cat 7 cable
Cat 7 is the upgraded version of Cat 6. It is better than Cat 6 in all aspects. This cable can transmit bandwidth up to 600MHz with a speed of 10GBPS. Its connector type is GG45.It is also very low voltage consuming cable. And its installation process is also very smart. Working on multiplication or in office, this cable is used widely.
What is the maximum distance for cat 7 cable
Cat7 cables accepted maximum length is about 100 meters. Maximum distance for any cables means that how far the cable can transmit data at its max speed. Cable 7 is the only cable that has a maximum length of 100 meters. But in laborites, it has proved its test that, it can transmit data of 40gbps in the range of 50 meters.
What are the best Ethernet cables
Now there are lots of generations of Ethernet cables available and each generation have different variants. Mostly the latest upgraded variants are considered to be the best Ethernet cables. Analyzing the demand of the market, the best Ethernet can be considered as Cat5E, Cat6 and Cat 7.now here is a short description of these cables, why these are considered as the best.
Cat5E: CaT5E also known as enhanced category E is a 5th generation cable. It is kind of old compared to Cat 6 and Cat7. But it has a speed of 1000 Mbps and transmits data in a speed of 100MHz. though it is old, still it is commonly used for LAN connections in households. Because in households, not everyone needs a 10GBPS speed.
Cat6: Cat 6 is the 6th generation of cables and with an impressive speed of 10 GBPS. But the maximum length is lower in comparison Cat7. The cat6 have a bandwidth of around 250 MHz It is used for supplying higher network with a short range is abounded 55meter. It has a lower crosstalk and it also used to provide LAN service in Households and office.
Cat7: It’s the 7th generation and most advanced cables. Its maximum speed is around 10GBPS and it’s built to transmit around 600 MHz .each of the single wire is individually shielded, that’s why it’s protected from crosstalk. Its main uses are controlling multiple tasks at a time or in the offices.
So, because of its service to our day to day life, these cables are considered to be the best among all the cables.
What’s the difference between cat 5 cat 6 cat 7 cable
Cat5 Cat6 and Cat7, all the cables are proved as a very renowned cable. But as three cables are from different generations, there is much difference between them. Let’s see the difference between them.
- Cat5 is the 5th generation cable and it is launched in the 20th century. On the other hand, Cat6 is the 6th generation cable and launched in the 21st century. But Cat7 is the latest of all of them. It is considered to be the most advanced Category cables and it is launched in around 2010.
- Cat5 has a maximum speed of 10 to 100 Mbps. On the other hand, cat6 has a maximum speed of 10gbps.but it can only transmit this high speed at maximum 55 meters. But cat7 a maximum speed of 10gbps and it can transmit this high speed at maximum 100 meters. But in laborites, it is tested that, Cat7 has a maximum speed of 40gbps in between 50 meters.
- The maximum bandwidth of cat5 is 100 MHz which is very less considered to Cat6 and Cat7. Cat6 has a maximum bandwidth of 250 MHz. The cat7 maximum bandwidth more than doubles then Cat6. Its maximum bandwidth is 600 MHz.
- Cat5 didn’t last many days. It only served a few years and replaced by its variant, Cat5e. And still, it is on service. Cat6 is still in service but its variant Cat6a is very advanced and well-known. The cat7 is still much updated but its advanced variant is cat7a.
- Cat5 is still in service in some places. But mostly replaced by Cat5e. It mostly used in household’s or schools LAN connection. Cat 6 is mainly used in universities and offices where strong internet connection needed. But cat7 is the backbone of data centers and used where exceptionally high-speed bandwidth needed.
- The Cat5 cable type is very old. Cat5 is UTP type cable. But cat6 is UTP or STP type of cables. But Cat7 is the most advanced type. It is STP or FTP type of cables.
- The shielding of the wire is optional for Cat5. But in Cat6 and Cat7 it is individually shielded and more protected from crosstalk.
Category cables comparison:
|5th generation cable||6th generation cable||7th generation cable|
|Maximum speed 10 Mbps to 100 Mbps||Maximum speed 10gbps in between 55 meters||Maximum speed 10gbps in between 100 meters|
|Bandwidth 100 MHz||Bandwidth 250 MHz||Bandwidth 600 MHz|
|Cable type UTP||Cable type UTP or STP||Cable type STP or FTP|
|Mainly use in households or Schools||University’s and offices where high-speed internet needed||Data centers and where exceptionally high-speed internet needed|
|Shielding is optionally||Shielded and protected crosstalk||Shielded and protected crosstalk|
Cat7 is the most advanced 7th generation cable. It has a maximum speed of 10000 Mbps and the maximum length is around 100 meters. And its bandwidth is 600 MHz. so in these information’s, it is quite understandable that Cat7 is more advanced than other cables. And it is quite expensive too. That’s why it is only in those areas where exceptionally high-speed internet needed. It is the backbone of data centers. Multi-storied offices, software farms and other places also use these cables. But households and other small office or schools do not use these cables as they don’t need such high-speed internet.
Does anyone use cat 7
Cat7 is the most advanced 7th generation cable. It has a maximum speed of 10000 Mbps and the maximum length is around 100 meters. And its bandwidth is 600 MHz. so in these information’s, it is quite understandable that Cat7 is more advanced than other cables. And it is quite expensive too. That’s why it is only in those areas where exceptionally high-speed internet needed. It is the backbone of data centers. Multistoried offices, software farms and other places also use these cables. But households and other small office or schools do not use these cables as they don’t need such high-speed internet.
Isn’t cat 7 much more expensive
Cat7 is very advanced and high-speed cables. For Cat6 2000feet cable is around 200$ and installation cost is around 50$.But for Cat7 the cable cost is around 1200$ per 2000 feet.it is around 6 times more expensive than cat6. The installation cost is also not standard. Different companies charge differently. But it is estimated that the installation cost is around 50% higher than Cat6. In that case, for Cat7 the installation cost is roughly 75$. For cat7a, the cable cost is 1600$ per 2000 feet. So we can surely tell that it is much more expensive than Cat6 and in future, it could replace the older generation cables. So it’s totally worth it.
Why do you recommend I use cat 7 cable
It is true that Cat7 is more expensive than cat6. But I recommending cat7 cables because of these reasons;
- It is more advanced than Cat6a or any other cables. It is flexible and expendable for cabling.
- It has a maximum speed of 10Gbps for maximum 100meters. Which is far better than Cat6. With this high-speed internet, working will be much more efficient and user-friendly.
- Where cat6 bandwidth is 250 MHz, Cat7 has a bandwidth of 600 MHz. Which is around double than Cat6.
- In University’s, households and another place, it can be easily installed.
- Its demand is increasing day by day and as it is a smart cable and because of its service in near future, surely it will replace other cables.
- Cat7 single cable is double shielded. Because of that it is much more protected from crosstalk.
- Cat7 consume extremely low voltage. Because of that, it consumes less power than Cat5.
Because of these features, I recommended the Cat7 rather than other cables.
Is there a way to cut down on cables in my smart home
There are ways to cut down on cables in a smart home. Cat7 is very low voltage consuming and has a great bandwidth speed. By using this, it reduces the need for more cables. It is also very flexible. You can connect your devices to a room by room basics rather than connect all of them to a central point. These methods reduce the cable uses. so please ask your local internet service provider to provide cat7 cable while connecting to internet service.
How To Cable Management – Full Guide
So in these circumstances, we can say that Cat7 is really much more advanced than other cables. Because of its quality’s, we can tell that in future other cables may be replaced by this cable.